Wednesday, May 25, 2011

update & low-cal opinions

Yesterday... My expected calories was 555, finished the day at 560. Sweet, right? Had 84 oz. of liquids also - which probably sparked my water PSA... realized I get fooled by "water weight fears" too much, yet I eat fewer real calories when hydrated.

Today... weighed in at 187.2 (down 1.8 from yesterday). Consumed 900 calories even. And took measurements this morning in inches... waist 39 / hip 44 / bust 39. Well... at least it's better than it was...

So my current thing is an easy "under 1000 calories" goal. I'm really liking it. It's not stressful, I generally succeed, and I've had some 600-800 calorie days. It's really manageable. I can eat 200 calories in the morning, an optional 200-300 late afternoon, and up to a 500 dinner, and end up with 1000 max, and very easily less. Also tho it might be too early to say, my metabolism hasn't stalled out yet. And, tho I get that good powerful hunger, it's not so bad that I'm finding myself stuffing crackers in my face at three in the morning. Having a loose 1000 max rule allows major control.

I've also let up on the exercise ideas. I've never been a great athlete. I'm satisfied walking extra during the day and lifting weights...often in bed! I know, that sounds horridly lazy, but... I am! I'm a lazy fatso, so for me, it's perfectly acceptable! :)

So here's the puzzler... I'm coming up on some alone-time (3 days, Sat-Mon). So I want to stretch myself. I've had seven under 1000 days. I don't think I could fast, because it makes me goofy, and I do need to focus. My lowest calorie day was yesterday at 560... I think I'll try for 500 a day max, just for the three days - then return to the 1000. It's weird timing, but seems too good an opportunity to pass up. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Ana's Girl said...

The 1000 cal max is an awesome way to start out and easing yourself down to 500 cal max is excellent after you feel confident taht you're doing well with the 1000. That's actually how i got myself to my thinnest. :) Hope it works just as well for you as it did for me.