Monday, August 10, 2009

:-)

Thanks for all the advice on my last post. I actually am already vegetarian, and have been about...19 years? I've thought about going vegan (and would like to from a moral standpoint), but that makes going out with friends kinda hard. Lately I've been trying to do a small breakfast and a family dinner, but for some reason that keeps not working out. Ah well, I'll figure something out. But thanks for the advice! And yes, Ana's Girl, I've read "Wasted" three times!

Calorie-wise I'm at 1380 for the day. I think that's pretty good. It's not as low as I'd like, and I'm awfully full now, but it's less than yesterday. But I ate a lot of junk food. I'm going to (try to) get up early tomorrow morning and go for a long walk/run.

I leave you with a quote: "Pain is weakness leaving the body."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think thats pretty good too =)
yeah, and that lifestyle is hard for going out and what not. stay strong, you can do it <3

Sunny Mc.FatFace said...

I wouldn't go vegan. With a diet that restricted it is difficult to get proper nutrition unless you have done a lot of research. Glad to hear you are doing well and I love the quote. I think I will incorporate it into one of my drawings. Have a nice walk/run!

Anonymous said...

Ditto Sunny on the vegan thing. I'm on a carb-restricted diet due to insulin resistance and have mostly given up vegetarianism because there just wasn't anything to eat. Good luck!

Kelly said...

being vegan would make going out with friends a little hard - but I have to disagree with Sunny - a vegan lifestyle won't make it more difficult to get proper nutrition, it's the same as any other lifestyle, just make smart choices. The reason some vegans I know don't get proper nutrition is because all they eat are snack foods, it may be vegan, but still just junk foods.

Good Luck with whatever you decide & I love the quote.

Anonymous said...

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

Thank you, I needed that.

Undenied said...

1380 is great! It's well within "loss" range!

My suggestions (which are actually pretty healthy and not disordered-based):

- Try replacing junk food with veggies. It's easy to keep your calories down with veggies, but you get all the vitamins with them.

- If you're still craving carbs, make sure you're getting "good" carbs and not "bad" ones. Bad ones are processed carbs and sugars, good ones are more complex startches.

- The best way to burn calories isn't cardio, it's resistance training (aka muscle building). Muscle burns fat better than...well, fat! A lot of girls are scared they'll become "buff" like dudes, but that doesn't actually happen. Try some weight lifting - use full water jugs if you don't have weights.

- Since you're vegetarian, make sure that you're getting enough protien in your diet. Try eating an egg (or just the whites) every day. You need protien for muscles to burn calories.

heather[hunger] said...

being vegan definitely makes it hars to go out :/ its the only reason i kept putting it off for so long.
but im vegan , and i find it a lot easier to eat out with friends and concume less calories, so i guess its a win situation if you can handle it.
<33

Lina (of Flushed) said...

I like that quote.